Tuesday, April 27, 2010

a high moment

I love this country. I love going to the panadería, the frutería, I love eating bread with olive oil. I even love having lunch at 3pm. I love the Spanish-British accent and the cachondeando - joking around. I love that my students speak to me in Spanglish and that I am learning to welcome and accept my emotions. I love living with Faby and I love my friends.
Pozi.
(Andalus for "pues, sí.")
My heart is so full that if I could explode, I would and it would sound like laughter and sparkles and there would be vibrant colors, millions of tiny details and warm spring rain. Flower petals would float softly to the ground and caress the cheeks of everyone they passed.

Spain is the hardest and best experience of my life to date.

I have stopped reading books and have started living my life.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

So happy for you Ellen. :)

Carl said...

This makes me wish your heart would explode, because it sounds beautiful. But please don't explode. Stay happy and you will be like a fountain of rainbows and flower petals.