Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back to it.


Jet lag is SO weird. I spend the entire day trying to keep my eyes open and now that it's bed time, I can't sleep. Go figure.

Transitioning between home and Spain is weird because it's not weird. I know the streets here, I know my room. My suitcases got lost, but I have things here. I didn't take a lot of clothes home and I had things there.

It's weird that hopping back and forth between two cultures and countries can feel so... normal. Has anyone else experienced this?

(the picture above is from the sunrise I saw this morning as we flew into Barcelona.)

2 comments:

kelsey said...

Yes! I spent two weeks in England for Christmas, and when I stepped off the bus back in Andorra I didn't feel anything... it was like I just left the day before. Even after hearing English for two weeks, hearing Catalan and Spanish again didn't phase me at all. It's weird, because every time I came back to Sevilla after vacation it was weird being back in Sevilla, but now it's different!

Caitlin Finch said...

oh Ellen, I love your writing :) Thanks for always sharing. Beautiful photo by the way.