I have also decided that I want to invest in the relationships I have and stop stressing so much about not having friends my own age. I'm tired of worrying about being "cool" or "normal". I like hanging with the people I know. So what if they are double+ my age?
Many people who live in urban areas of Spain such as Jerez or Sevilla come from small towns nearby. Some go "home" every weekend, some only once a month or fewer. Sometimes, the person's family lives in the urban area too and goes or does not go to the town with them. Nonetheless, I want to see these places that hold such encanto for my friends. I am beginning this weekend.
Town: Peñaflor
Population: 3,764 + me, my delightful amiga Ana Bello and her madre. So 3,767.
Location: the province of Sevilla.
Time to destination: Approximately 2 hours once comfortably boarded on train #1.
It is worth noting that when I have mentioned this to other people, they have said, "Peñaflor? Where is that? Are you sure it's in Sevilla?"
Yes, yes I am. So, this Friday, I will be boldly going where few Cadizians have gone before! (Cádiz is my province - note: Peñaflor is in a different province that of Sevilla)
I will let you know how it goes!
(P.S. there is a chance I might get to go to England! I love connections! More when I know more...)
4 comments:
Sounds like this will be a great weekend. Glad you're back to loving Spain. Happy Monday!
England! How awesome :) I can't wait for the details missy! Loving you from depressing snowy rainy MI ;)
Mondays are kind of nice, and I have had a secret love of them for a while. Mostly because I'm refreshed from the weekend, but also because I know what I need to do and don't have to think about deciding which thing I want to do I am going to do. So welcome to the Monday club; we are also big supporters of mornings, and Friday nights spent in with a book and a nice cup of tea.
Oh my gosh. I love the Monday club. Early Friday nights spent in relaxing and mornings... What simple joys!
Post a Comment