Last night I took my first Sevillanas Flamenco class. It was SO fun. The whole time, the girl acts really saucy and every now and then lets out an "Ole!"
As far as the man's part goes, I think it's very manly looking. He's supposed to act like a bullfighter "conquering" the woman. Meanwhile, she's just parading around like "You're no big deal." I forgot how much I enjoy dancing. It's something that I actually feel like I can do and finally there's no language barrier.
That being said, we're learning flamenco in Spanish, which is challenging. Eventually though, all the meaningless words they use to describe each paso or step start to make sense. Like "golpe" is a hit and when they say "golpe" it means to tap your foot. Sam and I left feeling very Spanish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoXpI2XubWI
That is a video of Flamenco sevillanas.
Time for class.
Hasta luego
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Saucy!
I updated xanga!
That looks like so much fun!
I feel badly for the girls without partners. Isn't that the way it always is though!
I miss you little roommate! Sounds like you've learned a lot so far. I wish I could go see you in the new world you've discovered. Be safe and know that I'm praying for you!!
Post a Comment