We are just too messy and we can't make beds correctly.
We have a friend named Britton (a
girl). Her senora told her that she wouldn't be able to get married because she's too messy and no man would marry her.
That same day, Maria started teasing us about how we can't make the bed or keep our room straightened up. As we make the beds every day, we were confused. In Spain though, you can't just pull the covers up and call it good. The whole thing has to look like a hotel. Covers tucked in (verb: remeter), pillows straight, my teddy bear sitting upright.. ect. Maria also comes in our room while we are at school remakes our beds, straightens our piles, rug, desk, and clothes. We decided she likes to organize. Or we just are incapable of it. I'm sure she was kidding about us not being able to clean or organize, and also that not getting married was a joke, but it makes you wonder...
Today was the first day of school in Spain. It was characterized by an influx in bus-riding Spanish children with new backpacks and their moms. (I saw two)
I really love Muslim architechture.
Side note on candy corn and pirates:
If you are thinking,"Gee I would like to send Ellen a package. Perhaps I should include candy corn, as there isn´t any on that side of the ocean" You would be wrong. Because that´s what everyone´s friends are thinking. I have had more candy corn this week than in my entire life probably. So, if you already sent it, don´t fear, I´ll eat it, but otherwise, please no candy corn!
Today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. (Dia internacional de hablar como un pirata) We observed it here for about 5 minutes this morning. Tag!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ellen, please don't get too used to such amazing "room service". It won't be here when you get home.
Just so you know... I thought you always made your bed so beautifully our freshman year. Silly Spaniards...
Elena,
I laughed so hard I cried when I read about the abundance of candy corn. Who could know there was so much being imported to Spain. Have fun at the beach but follow the ever present parental words:be careful..
Love
Dad
they celebrated national talk like a pirate day in Oxford last week! if you ordered a milkshake in pirate you got 10% off. no joke.
and I don't think either of my roommates could marry spaniards either. one is particularly messy. i, on the other hand, may be able to pull off the whole neatness thing if i knew my marital status depended on it ;)
Post a Comment