And I'm remembering that through baptism, I was made part of this family of God, the body of Christ. And I'm remembering that being called out of familiarity and out of comfort runs in my family. God called Noah out of comfort to build an ark and to get on board. God called Abram out of his life and onto something new. God called Jacob and Joseph. God called Israel up out of Egypt. We serve a multicultural God who moves around in ways that in the moment seem crazy and ridiculous. And God invites us to follow his crazy spirit that called on Noah to build an ark in the desert.
Adjusting is hard, but the metaphor of death and resurrection is deeply ingrained within me. Seeds must go into the ground to become a plant. Trees have to lose their summer leaves in order to get new leaves in the spring. Wheat is ripped from the earth to become food. The sun sets so that it can rise. When I can let go of what is not good, my hands are opened to receive what is good, what is new.
Slowly, slowly. But why rush?
2 comments:
Thank you :)
What if I got a job at a jewelry store. Discounted diamonds?! yes. please.
matchy matchy tomorrow!
Post a Comment