Tuesday, November 6, 2007

gym time and my scatter-brained English

I like gyms in Sevilla better than in America. Everyone is working out, and no one pays any attention to anyone else. You just do your own thing and get in shape. And give the occasional "hola" But you say it so fast, it almost sounds like one syllable.
And men don't grunt loudly. Except today, there was this one guy who kept grunting and talking loudly.
He was American.
Point in case. I mean case in point. I'm starting to lose track of my English refranes which I think means "sayings". Oh boy.
The other day, I was trying to say "Let's call a spade a spade."
But instead, I said, "Let's call a black sheep black." I have no idea where that came from. I must have had wooly animals on the brain. I laughed so hard I fell off my bed after I realized it, I also laughed so hard I fell off the bed yesterday. It keeps Samantha entertained, but I need to be careful to not break the tile floor - or my bones.
I will KTS (keep this short) to compensate for the novel I wrote about my trip. Happy November! Time is flying.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Ellen, come on, let's call a brown dog a brown dog, in the beginning, you said, "let's call a black sheep a black sheep".
Then you paused.
And I laughed really hard.

Samantha said...

Also, I'm really sorry of my swollen glands/nodes jump out and attack you during the night.

Anonymous said...

haha I hate it when guys grunt at the gym it is so awkward! :)